NOLITC aims to create more jobs

Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 December 2015 02:56 Written by NOLITC Administrator Saturday, 12 December 2015 12:00

NOLITC 4th Year-end Summit
Gov. Alfredo Marañon Jr. said yesterday that his administration will focus on improvement of facilities and increase of students in the Negros Occidental Language and Information Technology Center.

In an interview during NOLITC’s 4 th year-end summit held at the Paglaum Sports Complex in Bacolod City yesterday, Marañon said NOLITC helps a lot in the immediate employment of Negrenses.

When students graduate from high school, only 10 percent go to college, so there is need to teach and train the remaining 90 percent special skills so they can support themselves and their families, he said.

Vocational School Administrator, Ma. Cristina Orbecido, said that the number of students is increasing each year, with 2,000 graduates for 2015.

“Since we are getting bigger, we will also expand our courses next year with IT-related courses, games development and mobile application and multi-lingual languages,” she said.

Meanwhile, NOLITC partners were awarded at the year-end summit with Convergys, Teleperformance, Transcom, Next Level IT Services and 3JohnK as industry partners; District VI with Board Member Pedro Zayco as district partner; Municipality of Toboso with Mayor Richard Jaojoco and Kabankalan City with Mayor Isidro Zayco as LGU partners;

Federation of Irrigators’ Association Central Negros-Bago River Irrigation System Inc as NGO partner; Brgy. Kagawad Rolando Quirit of Brgy. 5 Kabankalan City and Brgy. Captain Cherry Hope Maravilla of Brgy. Suay, Himamaylan as SMARTER barangay partners, she said.

They also gave Achiever of the Year awards to 14 individuals and recognized Larry Franco and Don Arado as NOLITC Best Trainers of the Year, she said.*KDP (article was published by the Visayan Daily Star, dated December 12, 2015)